søndag den 6. marts 2011

Lippmann : Lady Sings The Blues

Sorry for not putting up a mani in ages! I have so many pictures I want to show, but too little time to make the posts for you. I'll try to be more effective next week :)

Lippmann - Lady Sings The Blues
Today I'm wearing Deborah Lippmann - Lady Sings The Blues. This glitter has been a want for me a long time, but as I didn't want the other glitters from the set I put off buying it until I could get it on it's own. As luck had it, I found it on Ebay a few weeks ago and last week I could finally say it was mine.

I was saving it for a weekend manicure, and yesterday was the perfect opportunity to try it out. I must say that I was pretty disappointed with my manicure. I used one coat over one coat of En Vogue, a dark blue Catrice polish. Maybe I should have put on more layers? I will try it on top of a lighter blue next time to see if it's the base that is too dark.

I think the basic problem for me is that the glitter looks amazing in pictures, because it looks white, but in real life it's silver. And it's hard to get it to shine and capture light indoor but in the pictures it looks amazing. I don't know why that bothers me though. It's such a silly thing, and I should cherish this polish because it tops a lot of other polishes I have.. Maybe I thought I'd be as thrilled with it as Glitter In The Air? I think it'll be hard to top that glitter for me.

Watching the macro-bottle shot I love this polish to pieces - it looks amazing! I'm honestly thinking of using the picture for some art projects :)


So, while I definitely love the polish, I'm still on a mission to make it work for me.

Here's a shot of my manicure ~

Catrice Glamourama - En Vogue + Lippmann - Lady Sings The Blues


To sum everything up I used; NailTek II Foundation, Catrice - En Vogue (from the LE Glamourama collection), Deborah Lippmann - Lady Sings The Blues and lastly, a thick coat of China Glaze Fast Forward. If you want a completely smooth finish, it'll take two coats.

To repeat, this really does look divine in pictures. In real life, not so much. I almost wish I could've gotten a picture of how the result looks in real life, but alas, it's a very photogenic polish ;)

Have a great Sunday everyone! And welcome to my new followers; I can't believe there's 200+ of you out there following my blog! :)

♥ Vetten


14 kommentarer:

  1. I'm sorry you don't like it so much in real life. But I know what you mean. Looks GORGEOUS in the pictures though!

    SvarSlet
  2. Har aldrig set den i virkeligheden, men er enig på billederne er den fantastisk :)
    Og tillykke med 208 læsere, som det er nu! Det er også blevet en rigtig flot blog :D

    SvarSlet
  3. It looks lovely in the pics! Shame to hear it doesn't in real life
    x

    SvarSlet
  4. It sure looks amazing! If it makes you feel better, I am fighting a huge GOSH Holographic disappointment right now, it was so hard to get a hold of and I was so happy to secure one as it was taken of the market, and on my third try (today is a beautiful sunny spring day and I polished to perfection) it's still not working its magic... It's just silver. No rainbow to be seen, not even as I squint my eyes :'(

    SvarSlet
  5. This looks amazing on pictures :)

    SvarSlet
  6. Men det ser ju jätte fint ut!! Had a nail polish that was similar, but forgot to close it properly..so it dried out :(

    SvarSlet
  7. Thanks Everyone! At least I got some good pictures of it to enjoy, if not on my nails :)

    Solens - indimellem ser den magisk ud, men for det meste er den lidt skuffende, desværre. Havde så store forventninger :/ Tusind tak! Er glad for at du kan lide layoutet :)

    DalaLuz - I'm sorry you're not getting the wanted effect out of Holographic! Have you used a topcoat? My suggestion would be to try it without, and if it still doesn't work, maybe check it's not Gosh Silver instead? It sounds very odd, and I feel so sorry for you! Getting a very desired polish only to have it disappoint is such a bummer.

    SvarSlet
  8. It looks fantastic on the photos indeed! Such a shame it's not the same irl. But maybe it will be better in the summer with the sunshine ^_^

    SvarSlet
  9. I just wanna let you know that you've been tagged for the Beautiful Blogger Award here : http://accropolish.blogspot.com/2011/03/beautiful-blogger-award.html

    Take care !

    SvarSlet
  10. Cel, you might be right! Will be looking forward to see it when the sun gets out :)

    Honey_lili, thank you so much! Will try to feature it during the next days, I have a busy schedual ahead of me :)

    SvarSlet
  11. Den har jeg selv på vej. Iih synes altså den er fin :D

    SvarSlet
  12. Jeg må altså spørge, hvordan tager du sådan nogle ekstremt fede macro billeder? Det er jo helt vildt! :D

    SvarSlet
  13. Håber du bliver glad for den, Kathrin! Jeg synes den er pænere på billeder end irl desværre :(

    Coewless, takker! Bruger mit Nikon d90 spejlrefleks, det tager nærmest billederne for mig :P Har sat det på macro, indstiller linsen til en tilpas afstand og så kører det bare.

    SvarSlet
  14. I agree, very photogenic polish. It still looks lovely IRL, but not quite as stunning as photos. I had the same problem.

    SvarSlet