mandag den 8. november 2010

NOTD - can't wait for Teenage Dream from OPI!

Today I decided to try out a nail polish my mom gave me this weekend - it was in a nail gift set with two other polishes, a nail file and top coat. It was really sweet of her to think of me when she saw it, and as soon as she gave it to me I knew why ♥ She knows I love glitter! Sadly, I forgot to take a picture of the gift set so that will have to wait until I try out another one of the three. But here is todays nail polish! I am sorry for the crappy yellowed pics today, but I've been in bed with the nastiest migraine from the moment I was off work. If I have the time tomorrow before work, I might snap a few with better light.

I call it "Want to be a Teenage Dream" - isn't it lovely?

And this is the polish I thought of as soon as I saw it... Teenage Dream from the upcoming Katy Perry collection from OPI! ♥

Teenage Dream - pic snatched from OPI press release video on Youtube

I could see that it (my new polish, not the real TD) was really sheer and not the buildable kind, so I decided to find a sweet pink base and use it as a layering polish. And I am glad I did! It took me two coats to build the glitter you see on the pictures... And I was tempted to put on even more! I used 2 coats of GOSHs Sweet Rose as base.

natural bathroom light
flash

blurryfied for added sparkles!
My opinion? A beautiful glitter, perfect for layering - but I was hoping it would make me content until Teenage Dream is released. But no, now I'm waiting even more excited for the real deal!

~ Vettelicious

5 kommentarer:

  1. Oooh, Teenage Dreams dupe I see? >o<
    Awwh, thats so sweet of your Mom :')
    The color looks nice, maybe a second coat, since I like alot of glitter compared to a bit.

    SvarSlet
  2. I wish it was a dupe for sure! :) This is actually 2 coats, if the glitter had been more dense, it would've been a good dupe, but it would take at least 4-5 coats to make be rich on glitter, so I settled with two :)

    Thank you for your comments! <3

    SvarSlet
  3. This franken is amazing, it really looks like TD. I hope you get it soon =)

    SvarSlet
  4. Thank you! It's a store-bought glitter tho :)

    SvarSlet