onsdag den 3. november 2010

Blue sky manicure + review

Hey! It's been a little while, but I have been very busy with work and it wasn't until yesterday that I felt like doing a new manicure.

I recently got my package from Mardy Makeup Shop, a Dutch webshop with lots of nail goodies! When I first saw her webshop, I couldn't place an order because she didn't ship international, but she changed that as soon as I asked about if she'd ship to Denmark. That was so sweet of her! Mardy even added a silver glitter nail art for me to review, which I have used to this manicure. The bottle is very similar to Depend nail polish, and I think it's more practical for nail art polishes. Mardy is very sweet and helpful if you have any questions she will help you right away! The package arrived within a few days, very fast within Europe :)

LE Max Colour Nail art pen # silver
I purchased a beautiful baby blue polish while ordering; from a brand called Ados. I was excited to see if the polish was as good as the price, and I really think it is! Not streaky, a bit thin formula but very easy to control IMO. It does take a while to dry if you don't use a fast drying top coat.

Ados Extra Long Lasting # 547
Me wearing Ados #547 (I hadn't removed excess polish here)

Here's a picture of the stuff I used for the manicure, not including rhinestones and konad + fake plates.

NailTek Basecoat, Illamasqua Muse, Depend #?, Ados #547, Catrice London's weather forecast, LE Max Silver nail art, Gosh top coat & Seche Vite top coat

And here's the nails themselves! After taking pics, I realised that I had messed with the topcoat on my cuticles which I have removed.

blurry pic w/natural light - this is the most colour accurate shot
I always make raindrops under the umbrella in my drawings, so I figured why not do so on my nails too? It's symbolic :)
NOT cleaned mess on my right, camerashy hand! Please excuse the mess. I just wanted to include the cute bunny and I forgot to take a picture after cleaning up.


I had no issues making the dots or lines with the silver nail art polish. In fact, it's much easier to use than my discount nail art pens from ebay! I am very tempted to buy more in the future :) Definitely worth the money. I also bought a striper from Ados, which has an amazing brush - more about that one when I use it for a design I want on my nails!

Have a great Wednesday out there!
~ Vettelicious

6 kommentarer:

  1. Cute manicure! I love the baby blue colour.

    SvarSlet
  2. Thanks, Mardy! And you're welcome. I'd order more from you if I hadn't spent my nail polish money for a while already!

    SvarSlet
  3. hello jette! I adore your rainy manicure =) I'm actually really inspired to try out a rainy manicure myself =)
    you asked me about the star shaped bottles, they belong to a turkish cosmetics brand by the name of "She". The polishes are nothing special and the bottles are somehow tiny. I also think that they look cute, but you're not really missing anything =)
    cheers!

    SvarSlet
  4. Hey! Thank you so much, I'm glad you like it :) Your blog has inspired me in so many levels.

    I know the star shaped bottles might not be that awsome in themselves, but I would just love to have some to use for franken polishes - I love all kinds of star shaped things, and nail polish bottles shaped as such are just win in my book :)

    SvarSlet