tirsdag den 16. november 2010

Moody nails + Daddy Gerbil (not for rodent-haters!)

I hope you're all having a fantastic week so far! Mine's been a bit "meh", but my wonderful fiancé and our lovable pets are doing their best at brightening my day ♥ And I want to share a pic with you of our gerbil (danish: ørkenrotte), called Daddy Gerbil - because he made me laugh out loud tonight. You can basically do anything to him while he's eating his favourite treats - these orange yoghurt drops - so I picked him up and he just continued munching! If you gently push him of his hang-bridge (there's what - 3 cm down, him being 8 cm?), he will continue eating while falling, LOL! Don't worry this is not something we practice - it was a mistake that happened once while we were closing his cage.

Anyway, enough babbling, here's a picture of the stunning little critter ~

I cropped it there because.. Let's face it. His genitals are not that interesting! LOL

I received a really nice package today, containing polishes I bought from the sweet owner of Lacquer Ware for Tips and Toes, Chris. The three polishes I am most thrilled about is Moody polishes from Claire's - teal, blue and pink ones! ♥ I couldn't help myself, I've been wanting to try these for ages, so I immediately stripped my nails and applied the teal one, called Confident/Peaceful. I did two coats on my usual base-coat, NailTek II, and it had a wonderful formula and coverage. The brush was not amazing but quite alright, if only the bottle lid had been a bit bigger for me to hold while applying, then it would've been even better. The polish dries to a somehow matte finish, like a neon would.

Here's a picture without topcoat ~ (I haven't used cuticle oil or creme after the mani so my fingers are dry)

2 coats of Claire's Moody polish - Confident/Peaceful

And here's a picture of the same polish with 1 coat of Seche Vite on top - and now my fingers are warm so you can see a difference between the tips and the rest of the nail!

2 coats of Claire's Moody polish - Confident/Peaceful
This is the moody polish with the least effect of the three, and I'm already impressed! I can't wait 'till I get to try the other two :D I've already spotted another one on Ebay I just have to have - but I'm going to wait until I have funds again, ofc, LOL.

I have this annoying nail, the one to the far left - it's not broken as it appears, it's just bending :/ Any tips on making it un-bend or stop it in the future?

That's all I have for you today! Have a great day/evening out there.
♥ Vettelicious

3 kommentarer:

  1. Den lille gnaver ven ser så sød ud :-)

    Og rigtig fed neglelak. Har moody fra Nubar men synes slet ikke den skifter farve, så det her er også en jeg har ønsket mig at prøve i laang tid. Glæder mig til også at se de andre :-)

    SvarSlet
  2. Takker! Har ike prøvet dem fra Nubar, men disse virker i hvert fald - også under hanen, selv med topcoat på! Jeg er vildt imponeret :)

    SvarSlet