tirsdag den 9. november 2010

Cuticles - a rant, and a plea for help

My cuticles are annoying me. They look horrible! Not only have I decided that I will only do a new manicure every other day from now on. It's not like I usually do one daily, but in periods I do and I would've loved to continue that. I'm even more annoyed that my cuticles look horrible on my pictures and sometimes it prevents me from showing manicures and close-ups.

I use cuticle oil (China Glaze peppermint, yum!) daily, and have for a week. Maybe I'm just not patient enough LOL. I don't think it's the nail polish that is drying them out as I don't spill much, I'm pretty sure it's a combination of the weather, nail polish remover and the fact that my work is hard on my fingers that's causing it. And I wash my hands constantly as I'm pretty anal with hygiene. 

I'm currently using a nail polish remover with oil to prevent this from being the cause, but it doesn't help *sigh* Do you have any cremes, oils, polish removers you' recommend? I don't mind paying for a higher end brand if it can help.

I wish I had a fancy manicure to show you, but I decided not to do one even though I'm tired of my princess pink manicure. Darned be those cuticles, yaaargh!

~ Vettelicious

7 kommentarer:

  1. I'm having the same problem as you and I believe its due to winter weather. My hands always get drier this time of year. Right now I am using cuticle oil more often in addition to hand cream.

    SvarSlet
  2. Are you kidding? Your cuticles look great in pictures! At least you have photogenic cuticles LOL! Thanks for the advice, using more oil and excess cuticle remover might just be the way to go.

    SvarSlet
  3. http://www.lacquerized.com/2010/05/how-to-happy-cuticles.html Kan kun anbefale at følge de her råd hvis du har problemer med neglerødderne :) Ja hun har jo også masser af andre gode råd :D Som hun skriver så er det vigtigste faktisk at bruge creme og der er jeg helt enig :) I øvrigt kan jeg kun anbefale Essie's neglelak fjerner, det er den bedste jeg har prøvet hidtil

    SvarSlet
  4. Det er den her jeg mener
    http://www.nicehair.dk/product.asp?product=6747 :)

    SvarSlet
  5. Tusind tak for de gode råd! Den neglelakfjerner er jeg nødt til at prøve, og lacquerized's tutorial er rigtig handy! Det vil jeg klart følge :)

    SvarSlet
  6. Hi! I also have that problem! Recently, I bought a cuticle oil with dried sunflowers. It smells really nice and helped me a bit in preventing my cuticles to dry up so soon. I also frequently wash my hands, which I think adds to the drying issue. So now, I always carry with me a hand lotion so I can always apply it after washing or within the day. :)

    SvarSlet
  7. Carrying a hand lotion is a great idea :) I usually do, but I should make more effort to use it LOL! Thanks for your advice :)

    SvarSlet