tirsdag den 14. september 2010

I'm back!

I finally found the time for another update! I'm off work today, which means I had a lot of time to take pictures and make a new banner. I have a few swatches I want to show you, including Eyeko nail polish, Paradoxal and more!

I ordered these super simple swatch wheels, which are great for trying out new polishes without having to do a full mani! These will def. help me when I am too busy or my nails look terrible, lol. First I ordered one (which is nearly full) but I have more on the way, so it won't be long before I can show the Catrice nail polish!

Let's start with the Eyeko Nail Polish. I recently ordered 5 of their - IMO - most promising colours:

Eyeko Lilac Polish, Vintage Polish, Petite Polish, Tea Rose Polish and Vampira Polish
Look at those pretty pastels. They are gorgeous in the bottle and they certainly don't disappoint on the swatch-wheel! All were given two coats.

Eyeko Vintage Polish, Lilac Polish, Tea Rose Polish and Petite Polish
I've tried both Vampira, Petite Polish and Tea Rose Polish (currently wearing) on my own hands, and they are gorgeous in real life. Tea Rose will give you an okay coverage with only one layer, and Petite Polish is gorgeous for freshing up yellowed nails if you want a natural look. I'm not too impressed with Vintage, even though the colour is very pretty, it has quite a thin formula and I fear it will take three coats to cover nails. It's worth mentioning it's not a quick drying polish either.

Here's 1 coat of Vampira Polish on top of a metallic black base:

Vampira Polish

Next up is a present from my ever-so-supporting mom; GOSHs Holographic! You will have to use a special base coat such as GOSHs 565 Fix Base Coat to make it work, but #565 does the job great! Holographic has great coverage, I think, it's my first holographic so I don't have much to compare it with. I used two coats on both the swatch wheel and my fingers. 
You can't compete with the rainbow, but Holographic does a great job catching the colours for ya. I love the colour and effect, but it doesn't suit my kind of style.

Sunlight and flash ~

GOSHs Holographic #549

And inside with little-to-no light ~



And I want to end the post showing my first really expensive polish, which is also the colour this Fall.. It's no secret that I tend to give cheap brands the benefit of the doubt, whereas I'm a little more biased about expensive ones. But this colour swept my feet off the ground immediately. I'm talking about Chanel's Paradoxal, a grey-ish purple with a wonderful purple shimmer to it.

Chanels Paradoxal #509
I immediately tried it on the swatch wheel, I was so excited to see how subtle the shimmer would be. To my surprise, it's not that easy to pick up after 2 coats, but I thinks it's enough. Just a hint of shimmer whenever sunlight catches your nails. And it's such a beautiful shade without the shimmer showing, that you can easily wear it everyday. Definitely not too flashy, but still.. It has some kind of a magic touch to it. I'm in love! What do you think about this colour? Impressed or disappointed?

Chanels Paradoxal #509



My mom and dad went to Germany for the weekend, and my mom surprised me with a big bag of goodies when they got home! I had given her my German polish wishlist, and she found quite a few of them! Yay :) I haven't tried any of them out, but I will hopefully be able to swatch them soon! These will be featured in my next post.
Btw, I hope you like my new background! It was about time I changed that horrible pink starry background to something more subtle.


~Vettelicious

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar